The importance of Social Media You Should Understand
I know you may have this understanding of how social media works, but what if I told you Facebook is more active on Fridays compared to other days or that Twitter has six various types of communication network, would you still consider yourself a social media expert?
This article will expose you to the true benefits or importance of social media. Let’s get started!
What and Why Social Media?
Let’s begin with the meaning of marketing. Marketing involves creating, communicating and as well delivering valuable offers to customers. Now, what is social media marketing?
The aim of social media marketing is to increase the visibility of a brand, build a brand through communication and relationship with potential consumers or clients.
Now what is social media? Defined by Wikipedia, Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks. These are platforms where users are free to join into which ever communities they want to.
These two seem to complement one another. However, your question probably may be why social media? They are one of the fastest growing industries in the world today.
If you are yet to invest in social media, this is the right time to start as the industry is projected to grow 25.0% annually over the next five years.
Social Networking Sites and Social Media
As the internet marketing industry continues to develop just like content marketing, a lot of social networking sites and digital media have their specific purposes and characteristics. The following are some examples of social network:
- Twitter – This platform has 255 million active monthly users, and it’s also called “in the moment”. Twitter is a great online marketing channel for businesses ready to reach out to people and ready for a reply.
- You just need to be smart and fast. With Twitter, you can share news and updates about your business quickly. Like Facebook, it is important for you to interact with your followers. It also gives you a chance to find like-minded people through hashtags. You can interact with them through this method and hopefully find new fans and followers of your business.
- Facebook – Facebook is arguably the most powerful social network and the biggest in the world with about 1.55 billion active monthly users. Just imagine the potential this social site has! Whether you are just starting up or not, you need to be on Facebook and positively engage with your customers.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a professional social networking site that focuses on B2B marketing rather than B2C.
- Instagram – This is a virtual social site created for customers to post, comment, share, and as well engage with customers through social media.
- Google +, YouTube, Foursquare and Pinterest – These sites are also important social sites that need to be mentioned in this list. This list will not be complete without them. To top it, Snapchat is also a new buddy in the block that has six billion views daily. Wow! That is huge!
These are just a few ways why social media is important to our professional and personal lives. These sites allow you to exchange information quickly and easily, catch up with friends and family and potentially get hired in the field you are aiming for.
The more you use social media, the more you will benefit from it as well. After a little while, you will be a social media master with friends, followers and connections all over the country or even world.
Is there other digital media you connect with consumers that is not listed? Kindly let us know in the comments.
Social Media Marketing Strategy
If you have social media presence without corresponding strategy for your business is just as bad as having nothing at all. A strategic social media marketing checklist has been created for you in order to help you in your online marketing operations:
- Set Goals – Write down a list of what you want to achieve and get to work. What do you need? More conversion or more customers?
- Know Your Audience – Expand with psychographic rather than demographics.
- Social media – Choose a digital media that will help you connect with your audience, e.g. podcast, blog or video.
- Measurement and Testing – Analyze your social media strategy time to time in order to understand its effectiveness. Engage your audience and find out what works and what does not work.
- Social Network Strategy – Concentrate on social media that is beneficial to your business. This is because a network has millions of active users does not guarantee it will contribute to the objectives of your brand or business.
- Benefits of Social Media Marketing – The missing link between you and your consumers may probably be as a result of you not investing in social media marketing service. If you have been contemplating if you should delve into social marketing or not, the following facts should pull you to action.
- Social Media Marketing Boosts Your Brand’s Awareness. – According to statistics, 78 percent of small business owners use social media as a tool to attract customers. On top of that, about 33 percent of consumers identified social media as a tool they use in identifying new services and products.
- Social Media Marketing Helps In Validating Your Brand – If you do your social media presence properly, it alerts consumers that your brand is active and also focuses on communicating with consumers. About 63 percent of consumers who search for businesses online may end up using the ones with the best informative online presence.
- Social Media Marketing Is Capable Of Increasing Customer Loyalty – Another interesting thing about social media marketing is about 71 percent of customers who received a quick response are likely going to recommend the brand to consumers.
Get Your Name Out Professionally
Social media is also important if you are job searching or about to dive into your field. Hiring managers search online for candidate’s names, so you want to make a good impression with your online persona as well. LinkedIn is probably the best site to network and connect with professionals in your field, as it is the largest professional network in the world. First, you need to build a profile for yourself that will make you stand out from the millions of users on the site.